Drink Tank

Extra Aqua Vitae Nulla Salus

9.12.2006

Arsonist

This made me laugh out loud. I was just looking around for news about my childhood congressional district (MN CD5: Minneapolis), which may soon elect Congress's 1st Muslim (depending on outcomes in elections today and in November... he's favored in both, as far as I know). There probably won't be any news reported on the outcome 'till later tonight, but check out the news from St. Paul:
Republicans are worried that primary voters will choose a convicted felon, Jack Shephard (who lives in Italy and would face arrest for arson charges if he returned), instead of Obi Sium, an Eritrean-American, because of the latter’s name. The winner on Tuesday will face (or maybe not?) the Democratic incumbent, Representative Betty McCollum.

Are you still in Minneapolis, Paul? Did you vote today?

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Miguel said...

There's an interesting Democratic primary in my current district (NY CD11) today, too, the winner of which will surely go on to the House of Representatives, but I registered Green years ago to support Grandpa Munster in New York.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger joško said...

I think Obi's a great name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home