Drink Tank

Extra Aqua Vitae Nulla Salus

10.05.2005

Moby Squid

...cos I won't stop 'till I get enough.

I've dreamed of the moment when this elusive beast would be found. I promised myself that when someone achieved this seemingly impossible feat, that I'd sit down, uncork a bottle of wine and draw deeply on a cigarette, relaxing as Neil Diamond's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" album played in the background.

And so last week, I got the opportunity to play out my dream. I sat there, quietly, calmly, hand alternating between cigarette and elixir, and let a decade of tension melt away.

You see, the giant squid has been my obsession for more than 10 years - ever since a fisherman phoned me up and asked if I wanted a dead one he had found. I often wonder where I would be today if I had said no...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home