Drink Tank

Extra Aqua Vitae Nulla Salus

10.13.2005

The Blue State Project

Libertarians not necessarily as organized as liberals.

Sidenote: I'm currently reading Freakonomics, lent to me by a fan of keynote speaker Jim Kunstler who mentioned lending me his book next. [Ivan - feel free to drinktankify those links or let us know how to do same]

update:
Go here. Sign up. Build links. Look at the source of this update to see what then look like. I'm not sure how to make them side-by-side. - _ivan

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Ivan said...

My old advisor at CMU thinks the US will break apart, the environment being the greatest motivator. Let's just say he's in a bit of an ivory tower (or doesn't really understand federalism).

From that link:
"The Second Vermont Republic is a peaceful, democratic, grassroots, libertarian populist movement committed to the return of Vermont to its status as an independent republic as it once was between 1777 and 1791."[bold mine]

That should be interesting. To be honest, I wish them luck. I think states have a bit too much loyalty to the US. If the majority want to break off, they should. I say the same for Quebec.

I've found peak oil books are usually an excuse to comment negatively on exurb consumerism. But do buy the book anyway :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home