Drink Tank

Extra Aqua Vitae Nulla Salus

4.19.2005

Happy Waco & Oklahoma City day

I think John Tierney is a great deal better than the strangely admired gasbag William Safire. (Ever since he helped me to not feel guilty about not recycling.)

But, sadly, today's meet-the-new-Pope-same-as-the-old-Pope news was not a victory for the markets. When I checked this morning the black guy was heavily favored.

In other followup news, this afternoon I'm going to undergo some experiments with a juicer, some apples, oranges, ginger, and a little bottom shelf vodka in hopes of making blended fruit news a little more interesting.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Miguel said...

The last Pope Benedict made several unsuccessful attempts to bring an end to World War One. Maybe this guy wants to "try" to achieve peace in our time? I'm sure there will be a public reason for his choice of name soon.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger joŇ°ko said...

Ratzinger reminds me of Emperor Palpatine. I bellowed the Emperor Theme to myself as he walked out for the crowds and it seemed to fit well. He has white hair and black around his eyes from excessive dark side use---oh, and he's German! "Ooooh-ohh-ohhhh, oooohh-ohh-ohhhhhhhhh."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home